Making a sequence number is routine job, if you’re an Excel user. But if you write them one by one manually, that’s not an efficient way. This is the trick…
This is tricks to create a sequence number.
1. Open Microsoft Excel first.
2. Write 1 on first cell and 2 on second cell, block those cells, pointing your mouse cursor to right below on block cell until your cursor become plus (see below picture),
click and drag it until your end number is reached
release it and you’ll get your sequence number in a second. And if you want to create a certain interval sequence number, set your two initial numbers. For example if you want create series:1, 3, 5, so on, type 1 on first cell and 3 on second cell and apply the next steps in same way.
3. If you want to create your own series, type 1 on first cell, pointing your cursor to right below of cell selector, right click then drag it until your end cell is reached, release mouse button, and then select Series menu on shown pop-up menu.
type your interval in Step value textbox and then click OK button and then you’ll get the result.
4. The other trick, if you want to create a sequence number on existing data where located on right cells, type 1 on beside first data cell and 2 on beside second data cell, pointing your cursor to right below cell selector until your cursor become plus form,
double click it and viola… your number will created directly.
5. You can apply it on date format cell too.
You can set your own initial number, I give your example with number 1 as initial number because usually, we set number 1 as initial sequence number.